The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) is an independent, skills-based assessment program which recognises and rewards student achievement. ICAS is unique, being the most comprehensive generally available suite of academic assessments for primary and secondary school students.
You can read, download and practice ICAS Past Papers 2015 at the end of the article.
The assessments comprise eight Digital Technologies tests, eleven English tests, eleven Maths tests, eleven Science tests, six Spelling tests and ten Writing tests.
- Digital Technologies assesses skills and knowledge in the areas of: Databases, Graphics and multimedia, Internet use and email programs, Networks and other communications systems, Operating systems and computer hardware, Programming and scripting, Spreadsheets, Word processing.
- Science assesses students’ skills in these key scientific areas: Observing and measuring, Interpreting data, Applying data, Investigating, Higher-order skills.
- Mathematics assesses students’ skills in these key scientific areas: Algebra and Patterns, Chance and Data, Measures and Units, Number and Arithmetic, Space and Geometry.
- English assesses reading and language skills in a range of contexts. The questions require students to locate, identify, sequence, explain, interpret, analyse and infer information in and about texts.
- Spelling assesses and reports students’ skills at spelling words in four different contexts: dictation, proofreading, error correction and applying rules and conventions.
- ICAS Writing Assessments are English language writing tests perfect for assessing a student’s writing skills. These skills-based assessments give teachers a clear indication of their students’ writing ability.
Paper Introductory, Paper A, Paper B, Paper C, Paper D, Paper E, Paper F, Paper G, Paper H, Paper I, Paper J
Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8, Grade 9, Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12
Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8, Class 9, Class 10, Class 11, Class 12
Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6, Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10, Year 11, Year 12, Year 13
Primary 1, Primary 2, Primary 3, Primary 4, Primary 5, Primary 6
Standard 1, Standard 2, Standard 3, Standard 4, Standard 5, Standard 6
Secondary 1, Secondary 2, Secondary 3, Secondary 4, Secondary 5
Form 1, Form 2, Form 3, Form 4, Form 5, Form 6
Pre-University 1, Pre-University 2
lower 6, upper 6
Junior College 1
Over one million student entries are accepted from over 6,300 schools in Australia and New Zealand annually. In addition, students from over 20 countries including Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa and the USA participate in ICAS each year.
You can read, download and practice with the ICAS Past Papers 2015 below. If you have difficulties to download the files, you can read the guide at here How to / Guide to download the file with steps.