Cambridge Lower Secondary is typically for learners aged 11 to 14 years. It helps you prepare students for the next step of their education, providing a clear path as they progress through the Cambridge Pathway in an age-appropriate way.
You can read, download and practice with the Cambridge Secondary Checkpoint Specimen 2012 Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 PDF with Mark Schemes at the end of the article.
With a choice of ten subjects, there’s plenty to help you deliver core subjects as well as develop creativity, expression and wellbeing.
Cambridge Lower Secondary Art & Design (0073)
Cambridge Lower Secondary Computing (0860)
Cambridge Lower Secondary Digital Literacy (0082)
Cambridge Lower Secondary English (0861)
Cambridge Lower Secondary English as a Second Language (0876)
Cambridge Lower Secondary Global Perspectives (1129)
Cambridge Lower Secondary Mathematics (0862)
Cambridge Lower Secondary Music (0078)
Cambridge Lower Secondary Physical Education (0081)
Cambridge Lower Secondary Science (0893)
Cambridge Lower Secondary Progression Tests are internal assessments that help you to check learners’ knowledge, skills and understanding. Available for our core subjects, English as a first or second language, mathematics and science, progression tests are marked by teachers in your school and available for stages 7, 8 and 9.
- Provide detailed information about learner performance.
- Compare strengths and weaknesses of individuals and groups.
- Come with clear guidance, standards and mark schemes.
- Updated annually (from 2022 onwards).
- Use any time, ideally at the end of the school year.
Cambridge Lower Secondary Checkpoint monitors individual and group performance at the end of the Lower Secondary programme. These external tests are marked by Cambridge International to give you extra confidence in the feedback you receive and share with parents.
- Available for English as a first or second language, maths, science and Cambridge Global Perspectives.
- See how learners are performing against an international benchmark, and in comparison to the rest of their class.
- Easily monitor group and individual performance.
- Schools receive a diagnostic feedback report and learners receive a Statement of achievement.
- Two exam series available: May or October.
- Use at the end of the Cambridge Lower Secondary programme (Stage 9).
You can read, download and practice with the Cambridge Secondary Checkpoint Specimen 2012 Paper 1, Paper 2, Paper 3 PDF with Mark Schemes below. If you have difficulties to download the files, you can read the guide at here How to / Guide to download the file with steps.