American Mathematics Olympiad (AMO) is an affiliate of Math Olympiads for Elementary and Middle Schools, USA (MOEMS) and there are similar affiliates in Columbia, Iceland, Australia (APSMO), Philippines, China and India. MOEMS is one of the oldest and most established primary and secondary school math competition in the world.
You can read, download and practice AMO Problems With Answers and Solutions (American Mathematics Olympiad) at the end of the article.
Singapore International Math Contest Centre (SIMCC) is the main organiser of AMO in ASEAN and Hong Kong. SIMCC is working with local Country and Territory Partners to run AMO. American Mathematics Olympiad is open to all Primary 3, 4, 5, 6 and Secondary 1,2 students in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Thailand (or Grade 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 for International Schools).
Created in 1977 by Dr. George Lenchner, an internationally known math educator, the Math Olympiads went public in 1979. Last year nearly 150,000 students from 6,000 teams worldwide participated in the Olympiads. All 50 states and about 30 other countries were represented.
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
- To introduce important Mathematical concepts
- To teach major strategies for problem solving
- To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- To strengthen Mathematical intuition
- To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
- Primary 3 – 15 non-routine problems (1 point each), total 15 points.
- Primary 4 – 20 non-routine problems (1 point each), total 20 points.
- Primary 5 – 25 non-routine problems (1 point each), total 25 points.
- Primary 6 – 25 non-routine problems (1 point each), total 25 points.
- Secondary 1 – 25 non-routine problems (1 point each), total 25 points.
- Secondary 2 – 25 non-routine problems (1 point each), total 25 points.
You can read, download and practice with the AMO Problems With Answers and Solutions (American Mathematics Olympiad) below. If you have difficulties to download the files, you can read the guide at here How to / Guide to download the file with steps.
More practice with MOEMS Problems With Answers and Solutions.