ACCUPLACER college skills placement test sample questions and answers. Sentence Skills, Reading Comprehension, WritePlacer, Arithmetic, Elementary Algebra, College-Level Mathematics, ESL Reading Skills, ESL Language Use. You can download Accuplacer College Skills Placement Test Sample Questions and Answers for practice at the end of the article.
What is ACCUPLACER?
ACCUPLACER is a suite of tests that determines your knowledge in math, reading and writing as you prepare to enroll in college-level courses. ACCUPLACER is used to identify your strengths and weaknesses in each subject area. The results of the assessment, in conjunction with your academic background, goals and interests, are used by academic advisors and counselors to place you in the appropriate college courses that meet your skill level.
You cannot “pass” or “fail” ACCUPLACER tests, but it is very important that you do your very best on these tests so that you will have an accurate measure of your academic skills.
ACCUPLACER assessments are delivered in multiple-choice format with the exception of the WritePlacer®, a written essay assessment. All tests are untimed to allow you to focus and comfortably demonstrate your skills while answering questions.
ACCUPLACER assessments are computer-adaptive. Questions are selected based on your skill level; in other words, your response to one question determines the difficulty level of the following question. You are encouraged to give each question as much thought as you wish before selecting your final answer.
The number of questions varies depending on which ACCUPLACER assessment you take. There could be as few as 12 questions or as many as 40.
What is on an ACCUPLACER Test?
The Arithmetic test, comprised of 17 questions, measures your ability to perform basic arithmetic operations and to solve problems that involve fundamental arithmetic concepts. There are three types of Arithmetic questions:
- Operations with whole numbers and fractions: topics included in this category are addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, recognizing equivalent fractions and mixed numbers, and estimating.
- Operations with decimals and percents: topics include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division with decimals. Percent problems, recognition of decimals, fraction and percent equivalencies, and problems involving estimation are also given.
- Applications and problem solving: topics include rate, percent, and measurement problems, simple geometry problems, and distribution of a quantity into its fractional parts.
The College-Level Math test, comprised of 20 questions, measures your ability to solve problems that involve college-level mathematics concepts. There are five types of College-Level Math questions:
- Algebraic operations: topics include simplifying rational algebraic expressions, factoring, expanding polynomials, and manipulating roots and exponents.
- Solutions of equations and inequalities: topics include the solution of linear and quadratic equations and inequalities, equation systems and other algebraic equations.
- Coordinate geometry: topics include plane geometry, the coordinate plane, straight lines, conics, sets of points in the plane, and graphs of algebraic functions.
- Applications and other algebra topics: topics include complex numbers, series and sequences, determinants, permutations and combinations, fractions and word problems.
- Functions and trigonometry: topics include polynomials, algebraic, exponential, and logarithmic and trigonometric functions.
The Elementary Algebra test, comprised of 12 questions, measures your ability to perform basic algebraic operations and to solve problems involving elementary algebraic concepts. There are three types of Elementary Algebra questions:
- Operations with integers and rational numbers: topics include computation with integers and negative rationals, the use of absolute values, and ordering.
- Operations with algebraic expressions: topics include the evaluation of simple formulas and expressions, adding and subtracting monomials and polynomials, multiplying and dividing monomials and polynomials, the evaluation of positive rational roots and exponents, simplifying algebraic fractions, and factoring.
- Solution of equations, inequalities, word problems: topics include solving linear equations and inequalities, solving quadratic equations by factoring, solving verbal problems presented in an algebraic context, including geometric reasoning and graphing, and the translation of written phrases into algebraic expressions.
WritePlacer (Written Essay)
ESL – Language Use
ESL – Listening
ESL – Reading Skills
ESL – Sentence Meaning
You can read, download and practice with the Accuplacer College Skills Placement Test Sample Questions and Answers below. If you have difficulties to download the files, you can read the guide at here How to / Guide to download the file with steps.
Download Links of Accuplacer College Skills Placement Test Sample Questions and Answers
Direct Download Links
Or read / download via the alternative link below (without login)
If you have any problem, please visit this page How to download the file with steps
Tips: Before click the download link, click on the blank space until all pop ads are shown!