When students open their SAT test books in spring 2016, they’ll encounter an SAT that is more focused and useful than ever before. Below you’ll find descriptions of the major changes, full test specifications, and extensive sample questions for each section.
- Overview: Current SAT vs. Redesigned SAT.
- Test Specifications: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: Essay.
- Test Specifications: Math.
- How We Make the Test: the Craft of Developing the SAT.
- Evidentiary Foundation of the Redesigned SAT.
- Download the complete test specifications and supporting materials.
Eight Key Changes
The redesigned SAT will test the few things that research shows matter most for college readiness and success. The SAT redesign is centered on eight key changes.
- Relevant Words in Context.
- Command of Evidence.
- Essay Analyzing a Source.
- Focus on Math that Matters Most.
- Problems Grounded in Real-World Contexts.
- Analysis in Science and in History/Social Studies.
- Founding Documents and Great Global Conversation.
- No Penalty for Wrong Answers.