Here you will find learning resources produced by the authors of Environmental Systems and Societies, which complement the content of the books. Online Resources Pearson Baccalaureate Environmental Systems and Societies.
These worksheets are broken down by chapter, and are provided in both Word and PDF format. They are designed to help you practice and consolidate what you have learned so far, and to revise for your exams. They are referenced in the margins throughout the textbook and tie in with the topics explored.
Chapter 1 – Systems and models
- Worksheet 1.1 Terminology puzzle [Word] [PDF]
Chapter 2 – The ecosystem
- Worksheet 2.1 Bottle ecosystems [Word] [PDF]
- Worksheet 2.2 Biomes [Word] [PDF]
Chapter 3 – Human populations, carrying capacity and resource use
- Worksheet 3.1 Safe and unsafe abortions [Word] [PDF]
- Worksheet 3.2 Changing population structure [Word] [PDF]
- Worksheet 3.3 Investigating sustainability [Word] [PDF] [Answers]
- Worksheet 3.4 Demand for water [Word] [PDF]
Sample stories to support Worksheet 3.3
“The Lorax 2”
“Oscar and the Lorax”
“The Lorax continued”
“The Lorax returns”
Chapter 4 – Conservation and biodiversity
- Worksheet 4.1 Krakatau – succession in action [Word] [PDF]
- Worksheet 4.2 Evaluation of biodiversity and vulnerability [Word] [PDF] [Answers]
- Worksheet 4.3 Rainforests for the future [Word] [PDF] [Answers]
- Worksheet 4.4 Roles of conservation organizations [Word] [PDF]
- Worksheet 4.5 DIY conservation area [Word] [PDF]
Chapter 5 – Pollution management
- Additional text 5.1 Lichens and air pollution [Word] [PDF]
- Worksheet 5.1 Approaches to pollution management [Word] [PDF]
- Worksheet 5.2 Solid domestic waste in India [Word] [PDF]
- Worksheet 5.3 Urban air pollution [Word] [PDF]
Chapter 6 – The issue of global warming
- Worksheet 6.1 Greenhouse gas emissions [Word] [PDF]
- Worksheet 6.2 Impact of a 4C rise in temperature [Word] [PDF]
- Worksheet 6.3 Management of greenhouse gases [Word] [PDF]
Chapter 7 – Environmental value systems
- Worksheet 7.1 Major events timeline [Word] [PDF]
- Worksheet 7.2 Environmental attitudes [Word] [PDF]
Past question worksheets are referenced at the end of each chapter in the book. They are designed to help you practise for your exam, and full answers are provided so you can check your work.
These monthly updates are a little something extra the authors wanted to do for you – once a month, a new topical online resource will be added to enhance your study of Environmental Systems and Societies, and keep you up to date with the latest developments.
You can read, download and practice with the Online Resources Pearson Baccalaureate Environmental Systems and Societies below. If you have difficulties to download the files, you can read the guide at here How to find and download resources or How to download all files in one zip file.